What personal information about customers does IPumpShop gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at Ipumpshop. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store most information you enter on our website or give us in any other way (such as by phone numbers). We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you. We do not store credit card information.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Websites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses IPumpShop. These include your IP address, the last page you visited, and a session ID we store on your machine so we can preserve information about you as you travel from page to page (such as your shopping cart contents). A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Websites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at Ipumpshop if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: At this time we do not send any email communications other than emails relevant to orders you have placed. In the future we will send customized promotional email newsletters, but only to those who have opted to receive them. Also, any time you receive a promotional email, you will receive instructions on how to prevent receipt of any further promotional emails. To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we may choose in the future to receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from IpumpshopF if your computer supports such capabilities.
- Information from Other Sources: For example, we may sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
What about cookies?
Cookies are very small alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to a file on your computer through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as storage of items in your shopping cart between visits, storing a record of recent items you have browsed, and other personalized content.
- We cannot use "cookies" to access any personal information on your computer, and we cannot use "cookies" to do anything dangerous to your computer.
- Cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of Ipumpshop coolest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
- However, we want you to know that cookies are not required for basic use of the site, and the "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
- Users without cookies enabled with have limited functionality, and will be unable to place orders via the web.
Does IPumpShop share the information it receives?
No, we will never share your personal information with anybody else, ever. We are in the business of serving you better, not selling your information to others.
The following exceptions apply in order to allow such activities as filling your order when it is not shipped directly from our own warehouse:
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometime in the future we may send offers to selected groups of Ipumpshop customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, you will be able to exclude yourself from any further such mailings.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores or assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that Ipumpshop., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Ipumpshop and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Ipumpshop, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Ipumpshop reserves the right to disclose information identified as likely to be fraudulent (whether proven or not) to government agencies, credit-card companies, their investigators, and the proven cardholder.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How secure is information about me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only some digits of your credit card number when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What information can I access?
In the future, Ipumpshop may give you access to the following information about you for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. The exact information you can access and modify will change as our Website evolves.
What choices do I have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of some other great Ipumpshop features.
- You may be able to add or update certain information in the future. However, please be aware that when you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, we will respect your wishes. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Ipumpshop, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- Explore the use of products that offer anonymous browsing. In addition, the Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own website.
Information You Give Us
You provide information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; make an order; provide information in forms on the site; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; compile Wish Lists; enter a shopping Community by providing employer, school, or other such information; participate in Discussion Boards; provide and rate Reviews; and so on. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone number; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including address and phone number; people (with addresses and phone numbers) listed in stored settings; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description; and financial information, including Social Security and drivers license numbers.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; purchase history; the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Website, including date and time; cookie number; products you viewed or searched for; category pages you visited.